- Synonym: Travelling
An occurrence where one of the following things happens on a game that has two inlanes on at least one side of the playfield.
1. The ball hits the top of the slingshot, bounces over both inlanes and goes down the outlane.
2. The ball hits the metal bar between the two inlanes, bounces over and goes down the outlane.
3. The ball hits the top of the slingshot, hits the metal bar between the two inlanes and still bounces over and goes down the outlane.
4. The ball enters halfway into one of the inlanes and still has enough spin to bounce out of the inlane and into the outlane.
5. The ball rolls up the side of the slingshot which doesn’t kick the ball out, and then does any of the above.
With two inlanes, the player may think the ball is going into one of them. This is why the player might not nudge the machine, figuring that they are safe. But, instead the ball finds its way to go down the outlane.
Examples of games that have two inlanes on at least one side of the playfield: Avatar, TRON: Legacy, FunHouse, The Addams Family
See more on The New Pinball Dictionary.
Fun With Bonus is the home of the semi-coherent, misguided ramblings of professional and amateur pinball players.