Pinfolk / Pindividual
- The pinball friends with whom one plays so frequently as to feel a familial, almost tribal attachment. Derived from ‘kinfolk.’
- Example: “Do you want to go see a movie?” “Sorry, I’ve got weekly league with my pinfolk tonight.”
- A less pejorative term for the community of pinball enthusiasts as a whole.
- Example: “Look at all those pinheads going to Chicago for Expo.” “Haven’t you heard? They prefer to be called ‘pinfolk’ now.”
- Singular form: Pindividual
- Many pindividuals will be attending Pinball Expo to hear about news on upcoming games.
Posted by DoubleDanger and JoelOmatik on Pinside.
See more on The New Pinball Dictionary.
Fun With Bonus is the home of the semi-coherent, misguided ramblings of professional and amateur pinball players.