Over 7 1/2 hours of riveting drama and pinball action!
I am involved in over 5 1/2 hours of that time. I didn’t even notice that as we were doing commentary, until I happened to look up at the recording time near the end of the semi-finals. Of course, I would rather have been playing in the finals. However, the commentator’s chair is the best seat in the house, and a nice consolation prize.
One thing I failed to do was help Koi get in some commentary by asking leading questions. I hope to do better next time.
My written, unwritten, incomplete rules of commentary for myself as I strive to improve (in no particular order, sort of, but not limited to, subject to change or whatever …)
- I will support my fellow commentators.
- I will use the names of the players as much as I can.
- I will refrain from talking over people.
- I will remember to explain the rules of the game and the situation for potential new viewers.
- I will speak clearly while making sure to pace myself.
- I will try not to curse, no matter how excited I am.
- I will remember that it’s fine for me to remain silent so that others can shine.
- I will have fun!
Fun With Bonus is the home of the semi-coherent, misguided ramblings of professional and amateur pinball players.