Here comes that highly wished-for KISS update straight to your faces. Look at those new features! Plus, the updates are not even over yet. It’s time to get paid by completing the grid and taking advantage of those multi-multipliers. Plus, a new song is available! Can you reach it?
Is the “Love Gun all day” strategy a thing of the past? Will the next update cause the city choice at the start of the game to affect gameplay?
Keep an eye on the KISS wiki on TiltForums for strategy updates!
Do you hear that? I think I can hear more KISS games being produced on the line from here.
Aaron Grabowski shows the spoilers and the score inflation.
From Stern Pinball:
Stern Pinball has posted the highly anticipated newKISS code version 1.28 for the Pro, Premium and Limited Edition models!
This comprehensive code update contains major game enhancements and score balancing. Among the numerous play features are:
A new Wizard Mode for completing the Grid that also adds the song “Heaven’s on Fire” to the playlist.
Demon Multiball timed lock (2X/3X) playfield multiplier rule.
Finishing a song lights all shots for a multiplier.
Finishing multiple songs lights: 2X, 3X, Colossal (10X) playfield multipliers.
Playfield multipliers can now be combined.
There are too many new code features to list; please go to the read me file for a complete overview.
We have Beta tested the KISS 1.28 code with casual and competitive players. The reviews have been outstanding!
Pro – V1.28
Premium – V1.28
LE – V1.28
This update and read me files can also be found on our website www.sternpinball.com in the game code library. #SternPinball #KISS #KissArmy
V1.28 – Apr. 20, 2016
– Added sounds for KISS hurry-up and ARMY hurry-up awards.
– Added a ball lock rule during Demon Multiball:
– Shooting both lock targets lights the Demon lock.
– Shooting the Demon when lock is lit (first time) starts 2X playfield
scoring (adjustable, default=20 seconds).
– Lighting the lock again and locking a second ball (before the timer
expires) starts 3X playfield scoring (adjustable, default=20 seconds).
– Added sounds for:
– Return lanes (lit and not lit)
– Outlanes (lit and not lit)
– Added a wizard mode for completing the GRID (Heaven’s On Fire):
– Qualify by completing the GRID a number of times; currently 2
– Shoot the scoop eject (BACKSTAGE PASS) to start.
– 4 ball multiball.
– Complete the GRID to light SUPER JACKPOT at the Scoop Eject:
– ROW #1 (KISS) – shoot all KISS targets
– ROW #2 (ARMY) – shoot all ARMY targets
– ROW #3 (POPS) – shoot right orbit to light the pops; hit each pop at
– ROW #4 (INSTRUMENTS) – shoot instruments. The right ramp (if lit)
will spot one of the instruments.
– The STAR targets may be completed for add-a-ball, once per super
– Music that was playing prior to starting Grid Multiball is restarted at
the beginning instead of picking up where it left off upon exiting Grid Multiball.
– Fixed a problem where mode select music was starting too early.
– Fixed a mystery award presentation order problem when awarding
extra ball lit or special lit.
– Changed the criteria for mode start. Modes are allowed to start when
Grid, Kiss Army or Rock City Multiball are ready to start.
– If balls were locked in the Demon and the game was turned off, the Demon
ball save would be activated during game-over (with a display effect) when
the balls were kicked out of the Demon lockup after the game was turned
on again. This has been corrected.
– Finishing a song (adjustable) lights all shots for one of them to be
collected for 2X scoring on that shot for the rest of the ball. These
are multiplied with the combo multipliers.
– Added an adjustment to enable/disable the multiplier shot arrow lamps.
– Finishing a song (adjustable) lights 2X, 3X, 5X (2X+3X), Colossal (10X)
playfield multiplier for the rest of the ball.
– Max playfield multipler is set at 15X.
– Playfield multiplers can be combined and are advanced via:
– double scoring (2X)
– demon multiball lock timer (2X, 3X)
– completing song(s) (2X, 3X, 5X, 10X)
– 2X, 3X, Colossal inserts are now used as playfield multipliers instead
of Bonus X multipliers.
– KISS hurry-up award and ARMY hurry-up award display their multiplied scored.
– The ticket notch switch was specifying the wrong attributes such that the
switch would eventually be marked bad in the TECH. ALERT. This has been
– Added a setting that allows the grid to keep its state from ball to ball
(thereby making it easier to complete the grid).
– Added an adjustment that allows song select with and without the
multipliers lit (default is YES).
– Added lamp effects for disabled return lanes and outlanes.
– Fixed a problem where the last player in a 4 person game could not select
– Fixed a bug in demon multiball. If at least one jackpot shot was collected
and the multiball was resurrected by collecting the add-a-ball award via
backstage pass when the multiball was in the grace period, then eventually
there would not be any shots left to shoot during the multiball (they would
eventually be depleted). This has been corrected.
– Reworked the instrument award display effect so it looks better when extra
ball is lit.
– Fixed the instrument power-on display effect so it can deal with lighting
multiple instruments at once.
– Added an adjustment to not reset the lit instruments at the beginning of
– Changed the adjustment for the instrument rule difficulty. The three
settings (for shooting the POWER-ON ramp shot) are:
1) LIGHT ALL INSTRUMENTS
2) LIGHT ONE INSTRUMENT, BUT LEAVE THE POWER-ON LIT TO LIGHT MORE
3) LIGHT ONE INSTRUMENT, AND TURN OFF THE POWER-ON UNTIL THE INSTRUMENT
The previous behavior was 3). The new behavior is 2).
– Reordered some calls so mystery is given out before the multiballs are
– Fixed the settings for the instrument rule extra ball. The way the settings
were being specified, it was not possible for the first extra ball to ever
be set to AUTO.
– Fixed pop bumpers not scoring during multiball.
– Added attract mode flipper button sounds.
– Knocker sound/coil for REPLAY and SPECIAL now synced with the display
– Fixed bugs in the modes that was causing the work of all players to affect
the scoring for all other players.
– Improved sound processing to minimize audio glitches.
– Fixed a bug in the wizard mode that would occasionally cause some game
data to occasionally become corrupt.
– Improved Auto Replay Thresholds.
Fun With Bonus is the home of the semi-coherent, misguided ramblings of professional and amateur pinball players.
Follow on Twitter: Fun With Bonus
Like on Facebook: Fun With Bonus
Follow on Instagram: Fun With Bonus