A group of comedians from the New York City Pinball League discuss the intricacies of pinball. There’s a list here, but don’t use it as a guide or anything, but they are jumping around like a good conversation tends to do.
Pinball is funny.
- What is pinball? Explain it!
- Pinball – a philosophy for life.
- NYC’s pinball resurgence with the Midnight Vultures
- Nudging with Chris “Tilt-y”
- Tilt sensitivity – what does a TILT mean?
- Pinball venues
- I AM PINBALL!
- HEY, DID YOU WIN YET?!
- Pinball, the aphrodisiac
- The story of pinball: the comedians’ version
- Pinball: A parental advisory
- HIS NAME IS ROGER SHARPE!
- For amusement only
- HIS NAME WAS STEVE KORDEK!
- Roger made it legal
- Burn the witch!
- Appreciate the classics, respect the innovations
- Hercules, Hercules, Hercules!, and novelty games
- Favorite themes: Arcade-y, Carnival-y, Scare-y, gimmick-y
- Williams goes to slots, however, Pinball 2000 happened …
- Virtual pin just ain’t the same, man.
- WOZ is awesome!
- It’s not just about hitting the ball at stuff — MODES and STORY!
- Score inflation
- Revenge from Mars was good, though.
- The BIG pinball match vs. Jack*Bar from Brooklyn
- Wrestlemania is … good?!
- Multiball jumps the shark with Apollo 13 and Stern Indiana Jones
- New companies: (Remember, this recording is months old)
- Strange games: Paxton, Baby Pac Man
- Don’t mess up … or it’s game over.
- Billion dollar shot!
- What are your favorite games?
- PLUGS! PLUGS! PLUGS!
From the description:
Nick Vatterott can’t make it this week, he’s out playing pinball. But what exactly is pinball? Geryll Levonson III talks to comedians Tim Warner, Chris Waelti and James Creelman who play on the ‘Midnight Vultures’ in the NYC Pinball League and get their thoughts on Ramps, Nudges, Modes, Knocks, Tilts, Multi-balls and Bill Pax[t]on!
Fun With Bonus is the home of the semi-coherent, misguided ramblings of professional and amateur pinball players.
Related articles across the web